A spicy delight served with rice and relish to satisfy even the most demanding curry fan. This recipe is a good source of protein and carbs that's also low in salt and fat.
- Chop the beef into cubes, about 2cm square.
- Brown the beef in a pan over a low heat. Add the onion and cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped pepper, carrot and garlic and cook for five minutes, stirring often to stop it from sticking. Add a little water if necessary.
- Add the curry powder and stir well to mix.
- Add tomatoes, mango chutney and tomato purée. Simmer gently for 20 minutes, adding more water if necessary.
- Cook rice according to the packet instructions and serve.
Allergy advice: This recipe may contain soya.
Food safety tips
- always wash your hands, work surfaces, utensils and chopping boards before you start preparing food and after handling raw meat
- keep raw meat away from ready-to-eat foods such as salad, fruit and bread
- any leftovers should be cooled within one to two hours and placed in the fridge for up to two days, or frozen
- when reheating, always make sure that the dish is steaming hot all the way through before serving
- never reheat food more than once
- cook the rice as required, use it immediately or cool within one hour, refrigerate and use within 24 hours
- 200g stewing beef or soya chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 pepper, finely chopped
- 1 carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 130g basmati rice, raw
The reference intake of an average adult is 8400kJ/2000kcal a day.